We at Cities at Dawn are very excited to announce that we will be running a week long pop-up photography festival called WeLovePhoto! at Foyles Bookshop in mid-June this year. WeLovePhoto! aims to inspire and help the amateur photographers of London to bring their photography to the next level. There will be workshops, talks, walks and an exhibition space where photographers can come to learn, share and collaborate. We are launching WeLovePhoto! with a group exhibition of photographs themed around the area of Charing Cross Road.
We are looking for amateur and professional photographers to submit their best photos that are inspired by this iconic street and the best work will join the exhibition. It is free to submit. Photographer Anthony Epes will be curating the show.
Closing date for submissions is June 20th 2013
Submission is FREE!
- Photos need not be recent but must have been shot in and around the Charing Cross area, or be visibly inspired by the street. We are going to leave the theme open to artistic interpretation – but the link to Charing Cross Road must be there
- Please submit no more than two photos per entrant (No more than 5megs each)
- You retain all copyright to your images at all times
- If your image is chosen to be part of the exhibition, we will inform you by June 19th 2013
- We will not use your photos for anything other than the exhibition or on promotional materials for the exhibition
- This is not a competition but an exhibition curated by Anthony Epes
- Submitted photos will be for display only, not for purchase. We can have contact details available for members of the public to get in touch with you directly
- Anthony Epes will make the choice of photographs for the exhibition. His decision is final.
- Only digital jpeg files will be accepted
- If you have an old photo that you would like to share, then please have it scanned and send to the email below
Please send all submissions to email@example.com
- The exhibition will run in the Gallery space of Foyles Bookshop on Charing Cross Road
- Images chosen for the exhibition will be printed by WeLovePhoto! If photographers prefer to print the images themselves they are welcome, but they will need to follow print guidelines by WeLovePhoto!
- There will be a private view and all exhibitors will be invited, along with one guest
- Full details, including dates, of the exhibition will be given to the exhibitors once the work has been chosen
For full details of the WeLovePhoto! pop-up festival program sign up to our blog on anthonyepes.com and you’ll hear about them as soon as they are announced.